Hey guys! This weekend I took some time out to make my favorite Christmas cookies. There are so many different kinds of cookies out there for the holidays, but I like to make the basic originals! Partially because they’re easy to make, but also because you don’t need a lot of ingredients. Most of them you already have in your cabinet! I’m sure we’ve all made or eaten these, but I thought I’d share my recipe and tricks to get a sort version of these two cookies!
First I made peanut butter Hershey kiss cookies. I remember my grandma making these every year at Christmas, and I was always so intrigued at how she could possibly get the Hershey kiss in the cookie without it melting!
Now that I’m older..I figured out how! My recommendation on these cookies are to take them out of the oven when they look like they’re ALMOST done! Any later and they won’t be as soft.
-1/2 cup of peanut butter – 1 teaspoon of vanilla
-1/2 cup butter – 1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 cup of sugar – 1/2 teaspoon of salt
-1/2 cup of brown sugar – 1 1/2 cups of flour
-1 egg – 24 Hershey Kisses (or Reese’s Cups)
- First, set the oven to 350°F. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray them with no stick spray.
- Next mix together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and sugar. One those are mixed you can add the egg and vanilla.
- Once those are combined, you can mix in the salt, flour, and baking soda
- Roll the dough into balls and place onto the baking sheet. You’ll want to bake the cookies for about 12 minutes. While the cookies are baking, unwrap your Hershey Kisses or Reese’s Cups.
- Once you take out the cookies, gently push the Hershey kiss into the center of the cookie. Don’t touch the chocolate because it will mush.
To help the chocolate harden I put the cookies in the fridge. Otherwise it takes a while for the chocolate to harden.
The next cookie made was chocolate chip, but I added Christmas M&M’s! These are just as easy to make! Just like the other cookies, you want to take them out when they look like they are ALMOST done. Any later and they will be a little crispy.
-8 tablespoons of butter -1 1/2 cups of flour
-1/2 Cup of sugar – 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 Cup light brown sugar – 1/4 teaspoon of salt
-1 teaspoon of vanilla – Half a bag of chocolate chips (I used mini)
-1 egg -Half a bag of Christmas M&M’s
- First, set the oven to 350°F. (I made mine back to back..so it was already hot!) Line your baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray them with no stick spray.
- Mix together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar. One those are mixed you can add the egg and vanilla.
- After you mix those ingredients, you can mix in the salt, flour, and baking soda.
- Now add in a half bag of chocolate chips, and a half bag of M&M’s.
- Take a spoonful of dough and push it onto the cookie sheet. These don’t have to be in a ball, just a rounded shape.
- Let cook for 9-11 minutes. Remember to take the cookies out JUST BEFORE they look done. I promise you this is the best way to get the SOFTEST cookies!
These are hands down my favorite Christmas cookies. Simple to make, and chances are you already have most of the ingredients, so it can also be wallet friendly!
What are you favorite Christmas cookies to make! Let me know in the comments below.
Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any posts!